Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sports: Phoning it in

Tonight marked the first time I attended a major league baseball game, albeit in somewhat compromised fashion. I arrived during the bottom of the 5th, and our seats were in an airconditioned skybox overlooking the stands, so I can't say I've gotten the full experience yet. Still, it was a noteworthy night.

The game was a meaningless contest between the Florida Marlins and the Washington Nationals in Dolphin Stadium, which is also the home of the Miami Dolphins. Seeing the game live didn't really make it any more exciting for me - I've always thought baseball was more fun to play than watch. Additionally, I got the distinct sense that the players weren't very jazzed up about this particular game - understandable, considering the 150+ game grind that is the MLB season.

After the Marlins won, Smash Mouth (yes, the '90s pop band) came out and performed a concert. I'm using "performed" in the loosest sense of the word; the show seemed like it was part of the "Smash Mouth: Contractual Obligation" tour. The acoustics and sound system of the stadium were horrible, and the crowd didn't seem very excited. Anyway, here's a vid of "All Star" - weird how it predicts the "Who Wants to be a Superhero?" show:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home