Friday, November 30, 2007

Books: Holiday Reading (Unfinished Business Edition)

While I am in the thick of exam prep right now, I still look forward to the time I'll have on vacation - specifically, the chance to catch up on my reading. It's sad that law students typically stop reading for pleasure, because the rewards of reading are probably what lead many of us to this profession in the first place.


This holiday season, I've chosen to finish up a bunch of books that I either haven't read in years or stopped reading somewhere in the middle - full reviews will follow in the coming weeks:



Dune - Yes, that Dune. I last read it when I was ten or eleven years old, and by now the original sci-fi text is hopelessly mixed up with that movie with Sting in it.


The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - I borrowed this Pulitzer Prize winner from the library some years back. Great story - just never got past the first act.


Tigana - Epic fantasy from a Canadian author, and another library loan I never completed. As I recall, the couple hundred pages I read were full of crowd-pleasing moments. Not "heavy" fantasy, but it was pleasant enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home