Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I can't quite pinpoint when we started to make all of our traditional American-style Thanksgiving dinners from scratch. Ironically, there's a certain level of affluence required to do such a thing nowadays; I imagine it's easier for someone living paycheck to paycheck to just grab some quick stuff from the grocery store rather than blow the entire day off cooking, eating, and cleaning up afterward.

In any event, I'm thankful for my family and my friends. I'm also partial to cranberry sauce (where we start from actual cranberries and spices, not a can), mashed potatoes (cooked potatoes that are then mashed by hand), and turkey (we're brining the sucker as I type this). It's a little shallow, but it's also senseless not to commemorate such things, for they come only once a year.

And I know this is a rerun, but if you haven't seen the "Thanksgiving with the Kranzes" Apollo 13 parody, you need to:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home