Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Miscellany: The Wages of Procrastination

I've been a procrastinator my entire life. I think the earliest example I can recall offhand was when I had to do a poster about plant seeds in the third grade. The weekend before the darn thing was due, I had my parents take me to MOUNTS Botanical Garden in a last-ditch effort to collect enough seeds to pass muster. It worked well enough, though I remember getting really distressed when Ms. Youngberg recognized the source of the seeds (I thought she was accusing me of cheating).

In middle school, I can still recall furiously typing away on an old copy of WordPerfect (which used to be the dominant word processing program) in my Dad's office for my science fair project. I was cobbling together data I had just collected the afternoon before on the effects of magnets on car radio antennas (hint - they don't), and "Time" by Pink Floyd was playing in the office. Fairly apropos, I thought:



High school was even more fun, because we had tons of work (thanks, IB program). All those World Lit papers? The Extended Essay? Last minute jobs. And every time, I passed with flying colors.

College has been fine, with all-night cram sessions resulting in mostly A's (with some *cough* B+'s). I think in law school, though, I've finally met my match. The JTLP paper is due in 14 hours, and I don't think I can finish it in time. Thankfully, it's optional, and I can grade on later anyway. I guess the procrastination will continue ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home