Friday, November 02, 2007

Tech: Scrabulous


I've sworn off social networking till now, but the sinister hook of "Scrabulous" has led me to break this policy.

I've always been a "Scrabble" fan, though never a good player. When my Dad, my sister, and I play, it's usually Dad who wins, which is pretty astounding, given that English is a third language for him. I think it's because it's not necessarily the longest or most obscure words in "Scrabble" that score highest, but the ones that use the most high-scoring tiles. So while I'm dropping "CAROTID" and "SIMIAN," he's going for "ZOO" and "QUIZ." Touché, Dad, touché.

Now here's a turn-based, online version of "Scrabble" that I can play with all my friends? Do want. There's a problem, though - since my friends are all very intelligent, playing "Scrabble" with my buddies is like me stepping in an Xbox Live "Halo 3" server - no-holds-barred, winner-take-all competition with super-skilled opponents.

I'm about to get smoked faster than a joint at a frat party.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're way too modest. Your skills made me cry like a school girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home