Friday, January 25, 2008

TV: Lowest Common Denominator

Bravo used to be mostly about the performing arts, but in the past decade they've switched over to reality shows. That's okay, I suppose, because many of these are fun to watch (I'm a hopeless "Project Runway" addict - it's a guilty pleasure). I've noticed that Bravo's new shows, though, are moving away from the witty or sorta-highbrow subjects to stuff designed for mass consumption, like "The Millionaire Matchmaker" or "Make Me a Supermodel."

I'm no prude, and it's hard to complain when you see attractive people lounging around in bed, but it does (or should) make a person blush at the sheer audacity of what passes for programming these days. I used to be a drama geek, and seeing the network get taken over by the pretty people is disheartening:

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger breda said...

holy cow! And what is with the banana??

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Mulliga said...

I dunno, Breda. Maybe Chiquita is targeting the 18-34 year-old male demographic?

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home