Monday, June 02, 2008

Books: D&D 4th Edition launch extravaganza

The pen-and-paper RPG world is about to experience some upheaval, thanks to the impending launch of Dungeons & Dragons, 4th Edition. If you recall, it was announced almost a year ago:



At a time when the hobby is under siege from alternate forms of entertainment (I'm sure at least some of the people paying $15 a month on MMORPGs like WoW and Age of Conan would have been potential D&D players in days past), it's heartening to see that the release of a new version of the 800 pound gorilla can still have some fanfare. If you've been following 4th edition at all, you know that many of the mechanics from the new Star Wars d20 Saga Edition are previews of what we'll be playing in less than a week.

I've already preordered my books from Amazon. When they come in, I'll share all my impressions, including a little insight as to how the new mechanics will affect my Eberron campaign (no spoilers for current players, of course). I'm curious as to what my fellow gaming/gun bloggers think about the new books - anyone up for a little simultaneous blogging on the subject?

P.S. - Here's a bonus clip. It's a D&D commercial from the old days:

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're finishing The Age Of Worms Eberron campaign in 3.5 and then switching 4.0 for further campaigns.

Brass

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Mulliga said...

Sounds like a plan. I heard the process of converting between 3.5 and 4.0 might be a bit dicey - thankfully I seldom stat things in advance, so my campaign should continue unabated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home