Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Miscellany: The Great Job Hunt

Being unemployed must be pretty distressing if you have dependents to support, student loans, and no one to pay your bills while you look for something to do. None of that applies to me, but I still feel an incipient pressure at not having a daily routine to attend to. Aside from writing on the blog and applying to jobs, there really isn't much to do.

My search is made more difficult only by the fact that I'm trying to enter the remarkable world of the patent attorney with zero experience. It seems there are a ton of IP positions available for someone with 3-5 years of patent lawyering skills (patent prosecution or litigation), but only a scarce supply of entry-level stuff. Like my folks always say, getting that first job is the toughest.

There's a silver lining - my continued unemployment will at least mean a steady stream of posts here at Shangrila Towers. So sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy.

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Ziggy said...

Dude, you should clean up your video game patent paper and send it out. I'd be incredibly surprised if you didn't get at least a few emails. Spam the partners directly, forget the HR department.

Also, play some Champions Online with me since you've got nothing better to do :).

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Mulliga said...

The paper revisions are already underway, but I have some other stuff brewing in the meantime.

Isn't Champions Online in closed beta? Did you manage to get in?

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Ziggy said...

I "managed to get in" by shelling out $50 for the full version of the game :). It's in open (read: preorder) beta.

I'd be happy to fuck up your paper if you'd like, just email it to me.

Say hi to your folks for me, and come visit Pcola again sometime!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger James R. Rummel said...

Don't get discouraged during the job hunt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home