Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tech: Sammy Sports Shooting USA


I've always enjoyed light gun games. The second video game I ever played was "Duck Hunt," and I've played various examples of the genre for years, including "Virtua Cop," "House of the Dead," and "Time Crisis." Yet very few (okay, basically none) of these games portrayed shooting stuff in a completely nonviolent manner. The best example of a game that simulates action pistol shooting is "Sammy Shooting Sports USA."

Featuring an arcade cabinet with two guns with faux-fiber-optic sights, this might be the only game with an official STI license (yes, that STI). Players shoot through various courses of fire, hitting watermelons, silhouettes, soda cans, and cow skulls. Nothing living - not zombies, deer, or criminals, is ever shot.

It's a bit rare, but if you ever find it in an arcade, give it a whirl.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have spent probably upwards of $150 on this arcade.. I absolutely love it! It's a real shame there wasn't a port to the Dreamcast or PS2.. Not even any emus/roms for it. I had the chance to play it once again this weekend after years and years..

I love this game.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are right this is a fun game to play. i shot in real life and am looking into that line of shooting sports. this game seems to follow close to that. i would like to buy this machine for my house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home