Thursday, April 05, 2007

Politics: Good Sweet Mike, I hope it doesn't vote

Amid the worldwide hullaballoo about the captured British sailors, there was a quieter but even more significant story, at least for anyone interested in the '08 presidential election.

Hillary and Obama are raising money hand over fist in a frantic effort to capture the Democratic nomination - pretty dramatic that a freshman Senator from Illinois is almost matching a Clinton (who has at her disposal the deadliest fundraiser in politics). There are, of course, lots of Dems who simply don't care who's up for the nomination.

Unfortunately, the only Democratic candidate I might actually vote for is way behind in funds, and had this to say:

"Money isn't going to vote," said New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, who
raised $6 million for his campaign. "Voters are going to vote."

I hope so, Bill. I hope so. Because if 2008 turns into Clinton v. Giuliani, I think I might just jump on a rocketship and speed away at a substantial fraction of the speed of light; special relativity will leapfrog me far into the future through time dilation. w00t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home