Thursday, April 19, 2007

School: The Last Day of Classes

The 1L experience is something that I'll probably never forget. It's been a long time since I've been stuck in the same classes with people for the whole year. The undergrad years were obviously all over the place, as everyone had a different schedule. The first year of law school, though, really did remind me of high school - sitting in the same chair, day after day, and hanging out between classes with "the usual suspects."

The year went by really quick. We lost a good person along the way, we went through the shock of first-semester finals, and we settled in for the spring doldrums. I asked Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg a question, I washed dishes at a homeless shelter, I heard all manner of guest speakers and lecturers, and played countless games of Munchkin and Settlers of Catan during the lunch break.

Today was our last day of classes together as Section 2. We'll all be scattered from now on, mixed in with the other 1L sections. There was applause at the end of each class today (except for Prof. Collier's, which I thought was rude), and a sense of finality. I think our first semester professors were more engaging than this semester's crop. Now it's time for the last hurrah, spring finals.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Mulliga said...

Some things I didn't want to forget:

* Erin's awesome baking skills
* Ziggy's "Big Country, Big Man" joke
* Professor Lidsky stumbling on the furniture
* Commandeering Jason's computer
* Spirited debates with Caro-line
* Bumping into coffee-girl Maria at Bento's
* Jacking free food from the ILS talks
* Professor Little teasing "Mr. November" about...well...everything

 

Post a Comment

<< Home