Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Food: Book Lover's Cafe


Sometimes you feel like eating vegetables. I like meat as much as the next guy, but there are times that I absolutely crave a good salad or some tofu. The choices for vegetarian fare in Gainesville are pretty good for a city of this size. Though I usually opt for the Hare Krishna lunch (subject of a future post), today I tried the Book Lover's Cafe.

Book Lover's Cafe has the blessing of a neat location. How many vegetarian cafes are nestled inside of a used book store, and a good one at that? The walls and walls of books make for a pleasing, quiet environment, and there's even seating outside if the weather's nice. It's also a bit rare to be able to eat in such close proximity to books (the cafes inside of the big box bookstores are invariably separated from the bookshelves).

The food was pretty good, although the portions were too small for the price. The lentil soup was a pretty sizable bowl of tasty lentils, celery, spices, and some other stuff - quite hearty. I also had a tempeh Reuben - an interesting taste, but I don't think I'll be giving up the corned beef version anytime soon. All in all, the meal was expensive, but good enough that I wouldn't mind coming back - as long as I had a veggie craving, of course.

2/4 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home