Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Music: When You Were Young

If you look back, most of my featured songs have been from bands whose output I generally enjoy. While I listed Heart's "Crazy on You" as one of my favorites, for example, that doesn't mean the rest of "Dreamboat Annie" isn't great.

Today's entry is a little different. I've been playing a whole lot of Guitar Hero III (along with everyone else in America, it seems), and one track in particular from the game has been stuck in my head. It's "When You Were Young," by The Killers. I've never heard anything from The Killers before (heck, I had never heard of them before), but this song is pretty good. Here's the music video, featuring a tale of romance and betrayal:



And here's someone playing it in GHIII:

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've heard the Killers before--there's no way you managed to escape listening to Mr. Brightside. No one has.
Stylish freakin' video, though--I haven't seen it before. Is pretty.

Mainly I'm here to go "ZOMFG THE CoC E MAIL IS SO AWESOME!111"

hooray.

One of my songs that I like from a band I don't generally listen to is AFI's "Girls Not Grey." For years I've put it on mix CDs I make for myself, but it's the only AFI song I even care to recognize. My favorite such song (song of bands I don't necessarily like) used to be "Soul Meets Body," by Death Cab for Cutie. Then, uh, I downloaded the album and...can...now...sing my way through the entire album. In this case, though, the entire album basically IS the same song and over again, so...

[They have a thing about writing songs about following your lover into the darkness, or into the silence, or into the void, or whatever. It gets pretty repeative.]
["Can you write a song about following me to Six Flags, instead?" --Z]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home