Saturday, August 18, 2012

Guns: Carry Combo #3

Work has been cutting pretty heavily into my blogging time, but instead of running typical repeat posts, I thought I'd take a look at some of my go-to CCW rigs. In general, I pair the items featured below with a Wilderness Instructor's or Frequent Flyer Belt:

S&W M&P9c - All things considered, this is one of the best compact 9mm pistols on the market. Pros: nearly 100% reliable, durable, comfortable, easy to shoot. Cons: mushy trigger reset, so-so accuracy at ranges greater than 15 yards.

Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC IWB Holster - It's a good holster overall, but I've found that it's not retaining the handgun quite as tightly as it used to.

Comp-Tac Single Mag Pouch - Carrying spare mags for a double-stack pistol is a chore. Coupled with the IWB rig, this pouch is barely concealable under a T-shirt or polo shirt.

Ammunition pictured is the swanky Federal HST 124 grain +P load. Recoil is slightly brisk, but this is about as good as 9mm gets these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home